Wednesday, October 04, 2006

This is a hand sewn mini quilt necklace that was made for Alma Stoller's Fabric Arts Zine group, "Bling Bling" necklace swap. The materials include fabric that Alma had given me in a secret pal swap, Swarovski crystals and rhinestones, and an image transfer. The image came from Gillian Allen's, Art-e-zine. http://www.art-e-zine.co.uk/
It is now pictured in Somerset Studio as part of the Sept./Oct. issue on page 55. Alma's zine, "FAZ" is reviewed.
My work is featured all over the page! It was a fun surprise for me to see! (And my name is printed 4 times within the pictures!)
Use a magnifying glass to see it!
The best part of seeing this in the magazine was, I was actually with Alma, and her cool kids, Rose and Julian at a Barnes and Noble bookstore. My sister and I took a trip uptown to meet with them for the very first time. It was nice to meet a fellow zinester and artist from the web in person.
As soon as I get a copy of the FAZ I will scan the pages and post them here so you can see.
Alma makes a great zine, an it has LOTS of color!
Here is where you can learn more about the FAZ
Check out her blog for cool art work and funky ideas!

1 comment:

primdollie said...

wow congrats what a great piece I just love it and way to go getting into Somerset!!! you deserve it!!!
Hugs Linda