Monday, October 23, 2006



77 people have joined in on the International Handmade Artistic Charms Swap so far.
I made a group to host the event on yahoo so members of the swap can keep up with details and rules.
Check out the site that inspired the swap
http://justsimplycharming.blogspot.com/
It is really great to be involved with a swap like this because I love making charms and wearing them, all year round.

Today is a cleaning day for me...
As usual, I am finding lots of fun stuff that I tucked away in bags and boxes.
Such cool stuff that I will be able to use for making my charms.

In other news-
I took my kiln off of the floor last night and put it on top of a small wooden stand.

I have not used it once since I bought it. It is still wrapped up in it's shipping 'gear'.
Perhaps I will experiment with it sometime next week.

The kiln has been sitting on my floor, under a pile of other supplies for over a year.
Honestly, I have so many ideas, but no clear direction for using it yet.
When I purchased it, it was for me to use for making flame/torch beads.
So I bought one with an annealing door. It is a Jen Ken kiln with an octagonal shape and a digital controller. I love the shape.
Sadly, I am too chicken to set up the tanks to use the torch in my house so, well, who knows what I will try first.
I can always fuse glass, fire PMC, and fire earth clay.

If you would like to trade supplies with me, I would LOVE to have things that I can fuse, fire and enjoy!

Off to clean some more... more news later.

Amber

No comments: