Thursday, July 05, 2007

.~*Robin Whittemore*~.

I was fortunate to meet Robin, through a designers guild a while back.
She was a lot of fun to talk to, and truly a caring and helpful friend.
Her jewelry was playful and fun, and I was excited when she joined in my charm exchange group last year.
Unfortunately, right around the time that she was getting very excited about what she would design for the exchange, she learned that her illness/cancer was back, with a vengeance.

Unfortunately, she needed a bone marrow transplant and a LOT of money.
Some of us banned together and helped her auction items to raise funds to help with the traveling expenses and hotel stays, etc., during her treatments.

Even through the pain, Robin was fun to chat with.
She kept a good sense of humor going to help deal with her troubles, and fears.
It is her belief in God, that has kept her strong through her fight.
She has a firm belief that after this life, she will be in heaven.

I learned early this morning that Robin is dying after a heart attack and heavy doses of treatments, her body/organs are shutting down, and she has requested no life support.
This does not surprise me.
She does not see death as something to fear. But rather a journey to look forward to.
She also believes in a perfect plan, the will of God... That it does exist, that He exists.

I deeply miss Robin's personality shining through emails and web posts.
She is someone who I adore, because she was herself. Giving, kind, friendly and fun.

Robin, you will not be soon forgotten.

Here is a quote that Robin likes a lot-Click on it to see her website.
"It's never too late to be who you might have been."

– George Eliot


I will remember Robin.

1 comment:

Patti Gibbons said...

That has made me very sad. I had some conversations with her.

But she suffers no more, and may she find try peace and joy in the place beyond this earth.

xxpootie