Wednesday, January 02, 2013

~*New Year Greetings!*~

Hello from New York City!
Happy New Year!

I had kept and achieved all of my 2012 resolutions and ended 2012 on an accomplished note.

As far as creativity goes-
I've been crocheting and knitting on a miniature scale, with thread, creating little wooden cases and boxes as well as mastering new techniques with polymer clay. I've been leather working with salvaged and repurposed pieces, drawing, sculpting, painting and exploring new styles, mediums, materials and genres. I've not been taking photos as part of my plan has been to develop my work further and practice more than "show" my current work in progress. This allows me to walk away from my work without feeling pressure to complete it or rush it for a photo shoot.

I've been teaching a variety of jewelry classes and some polymer clay classes which have been keeping me entertained. I've met a countless number of creative children and adults who bring with them good conversation and enjoyable company.
:)

My carpenter has been busy in the last couple of months creating new cabinets and designing his own wooden trims and moldings which I've been inspired by.

I joined in a Christmas gift exchange with the talented, Andrew Thornton and I look forward to sharing with you what he has created, as soon as I get it in the mail!
I know that he will be posting photos of the gifts that were sent to him from myself and 8 others. I will keep you posted.

Best wishes to you all, for a *GREAT* and PROSPEROUS New Year!




No comments: