Thursday, November 19, 2015

Happy Birthday.... This one is for you- Benny Goodman & His Orchestra - The Way You Look Tonight



A short tale of HER story

"You and I go beyond this realm.

Whatever we were-

only God knows. I do know that

despite the struggle of being human...

I had some of the best moments,

and some of the worst...

My best memories of you, the ones

that I much prefer to think back upon

are the ones where we were just, ourselves.

The game we had to play, for whatever

reason we were set up to play it- I am glad for it.

Before we officially met-
-That beautiful sunny day that you took that stunning
"flying leap" over the curb on the hill by Astoria Blvd...
I was supposed to talk to you and I said, "Not now. I'm not ready."
I then rushed to the post office to pick up a parcel. I was shaking like a leaf.

After we agreed to play the game,
One night, under the stars. I let you know my mission...
On my stairs, you looked up to the sky and most honestly and sincerely said, "Not now, I am not ready."
I was the loser... You have no idea how I wished you would have been on my team.

You have NO IDEA the journey I took to get that door open for you.
Interestingly enough, earlier this month after not speaking to you for 12 years,
I was on my way to the Post Office to pick up a lengthly delayed
parcel, my first, from Mexico.
The item I gave you was one I have not touched in over 10 years, I requested it be brought to me that very day just moments before I handed it to you.
I don't remember if there was any note, card or papers inside. I had to do it with faith.
Just know, there was opposition, it was not a smooth acquisition both in the past nor the day we crossed paths, weeks ago.
After giving you what I did, I was on my way to the post office, yet again, shaking like a leaf.
Timing is important. Especially when you deliver things for a living.
Work on that affect you have.
It could be more effective if given the right spirit and direction! "
Happy Birthday.







No comments: